Monday, June 15, 2015

The Chill Air (1)

``~*~ Belua ✿ Broadfoot ~*~´´ has added a photo to the pool:

The Chill Air (1)

Bringing to the imagination of the mind, those almost forgotten places of dreams, of childhood memories. I am always drawn towards those eerie and surreal, dreamlike worlds where strange images and unsettling objects inhabit their own lonely, isolated spaces. Here, they inhabit flooded sands like grey misty wraiths wound up, hanging shoulder-high, always ahead of me, catching my eye, their features almost faceless, not recognisable, they stare blankly, blank as the mood I walk in, the atmosphere weighing me down into the stony water.

I let these places give me starting points to discover my own deeper emotions, inner wonders within my mind especially those of dreams, either new or long forgotten. Walking in Mistero’s partially flooded land, using monochrome to convey the isolation, the loneliness of the disquieting poses, pained figures lost in a moment of time; I walk round them and once past these dream people, my eyes entertain no dream and even the sandy dust loses its lustre under my foot soles. The long, lonely howl of wind, oppressively pares my person down to the barest pinch of flame, it blows its burdened whistle deep in the whorl of my ear, and like a scooped-out empty head, my mind cups the babble of the wind, the haunted voices.

Losing myself in the darkness of ‘The Chill Air’, as all the night gave me, in return for the paltry gift of my bodily bulk and the beat of my heart was the humped indifferent greyness of these bodies, beaches, and its flooded sands bordered by grey stone set on greyer stone. It’s enough to snuff the quick of my small heat out, but before the weight of these stony figures and place of stones could break me down to mere quartz grit in that stony light to join them in their eternal silent scream, I turn back.

http://ift.tt/1G6YMoi The Rose Theatre & Art Gallery have extended my exhibition (April) of my art, but also come see all the wonderful art here, curated by Shakti Adored who is now doing a wonderful job of organising and showing new art at the galleries, bringing them to life with rooms that echo the mood of the artworks!



from Virtual Reality Directory Pool http://ift.tt/1LahJLf
via IFTTT