Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Reply to This group has been shut down (was: this group is on indefinite hiatus)

Caffeination / Joseph Dunphy posted a reply:






As if I needed any help in feeling more comfortable with my decisions ... guess what? Somebody deleted the update microblog for this group on Tumblr. At the moment, I can't get into my email to find out why that was done, but I have a suspicion. Some of you guys filed copyright complaints, didn't you?

If so, that's classy. Join a group where you're told that content in the pool will be sent to the update microblogs, agree to this, and then complain to a provider about the fact that an automatic posting of which you were informed and to which you agreed took place after you chose to post in a location from which that automatic posting occurs. You trigger machinery that you've been told is there, and then complain that it went off.

If this is what happened, that's it. No more chances. What kind of game playing, pettifogging shitheel would pull a stunt like that? If this isn't what happened and Yahoo just did that because ... yay! ... they're busy being Yahoo and screwing stuff up, then that just becomes a different (but equally good) reason for me to stop bothering, doesn't it?

Yes. Either that, I think that this group is locked down for good. Either way, my life is being made miserable by people who enjoy being bastards. Why should I volunteer more of my time just to experience more of that?








from Virtual Reality Directory http://ift.tt/1OlwGiW
via IFTTT